Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hambo Heart Basket & OWH Sketch Challenge #67

I decided to combine this week's Hambo Hoedown Challenge and the new OWH Sketch, #67. The challenge at Hambo is to use their pretty Heart Basket & sentiment digi with lots of lace and flowers. This is a really nice digi set to have because general "love" cards are always needed at OWH. I had a double-sided piece of BoBunny DP that I was eager to use. I really like the unique color combo. I Cuttlebugged the maroon side to "soften" it a bit; I made the flowers with the Stampin' Up BoHo Blossoms punch; I colored the Heart Basket with Marvy LePlume markers and Glossy Accents. I love the lace; I found it in the sale bin at A. C. Moore. I had to buy the entire roll, but it was only a dollar! Let me know if you need some lace, haha!
Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Jean B in PA said...

I really like your card: the colors, embossing, lace, and the basket all work so well together!

RobinH said...

I like the way you used the basket on the card

Julie said...

Great card, Sherry! I love that color combo, too! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

andyjay said...

Fantastic card, Sherry! Thanks for sharing!

Jen M said...

Great card! I love the little basket of hearts. :)

Hannah Clark said...

Goodness! I just love the texture and all that lace! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Shauna said...

Cute card - the color combination is great! I like the sentiment you used too! :)

helloholley said...

Gorgeous Card Sherry!!!
Inky Hugs,
Hollley

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with that little basket tag! I love it!

Karin said...

Just darling! I love how the basket is used like an embellishment! Thanks for playing at the Hoedown with us :)

Brenda said...

I just adore that basket! Gorgeous card!

Gloria said...

Such a pretty card. I love all the textures and that lace is just beautiful