Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vintage little girl in emerald coat & hat


Thanks to my sister, Mary, who found this cute old image (and a few others she sent me) in a book in her collection. Mary often sells rare and antique books in her Ebay shop, Books of Sterling. I just had to try to color this child's coat & hat to look like emerald green velvet for a holiday card. I happened to have a Marvy LePlume marker in emerald (thank goodness). I put her in those sensible thick tan stockings to keep her legs warm under her socks and "patent leather" shoes (Glossy Accents.) I like how this DSP already had the word "love" on it - perfect! I put some little touches of gold pen on the coat & hat, so I used this really nice gold ribbon I have (very easy to tie, yay) and added a couple of white half-pearls for that fancy look.

1 comment:

Judie said...

Morning Sherry,
Love these cards, especially the little girl,I'm really not a green person, but this rocks. Beautiful.
Happy Monday

Judie