Tuesday, August 9, 2011

OWH Sketch #81


Here's my attempt at Sketch #81 for Operation Write Home, using one of Inspired Stamps cute "His Little Ones" clear stamps. The Spellbinder label die I cut from camo paper doesn't pop enough against the dark green embossed background. It's better in person, but I should have inked the edges or matted it.
I made another one with a "His Little Ones" stamp, using a tip that I saw on the OWH facebook page. That is, lining cards with those little notepaids you get from charity groups. I thought that was a great idea so I tried it. I really like this double-sided patriotic DP, so I made the front of the card narrower and added a border punch to show the inside. I had to trim & place the card liner pieces accordingly. Here are photos of the outside and inside of this card:


Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Judie said...

Hi Sherry.
Great cards, these images are so cute.

Judie

Paula S. said...

The Inspired Stamp soldiers are so darn cute! Love that My Hero sentiment too Sherri.

Kathryn said...

Your edge treatment on the second card inspired me to do something similar on a card I made tonight. Thanks!

Julie said...

Cute cards, Sherri! Those images are adorable. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Darling cards with those adorable images. Love your idea of putting the extra writing space inside.
Hugs, JoyceAnn