Thursday, August 2, 2012

Vintage Christmas

The challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is Vintage Christmas in July. Their sponsor this week is Sassy Cheryl's Digis and I thought I'd go over and check out her shop. I was pleasantly surprised to find this gorgeous vintage image! Way to go, Cheryl! This pretty digi is a steal at $2, I think!
I put my paper-piecing passion into action using My Mind's Eye "Holly Jolly" 6x6 DP Pad for her dress and background layers; the tag is made from another MME scrap, stamped with a Stampin' Up sentiment. The rest of the image is colored with Copics (olive, garnet, pearl white, light camel, dark brown, skin white, flesh). I added a bit of Glossy Accents to the candy cane and inked paper edges with Distress Ink. I have always loved this cranberry colored ribbon and cranberry ink; these red & light green rhinestones remind me of old fashioned Christmas lights. I think I'm getting into the spirit... What a fun challenge; thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

AllisonG said...

Now that the wedding is over, you seem to be making up for lost time! You are really on a roll with your cards - love this one. I need to get on my Christmas cards NOW - On Tuesday my SU demonstrator had a Christmas in July event...I'm hoping that will put me in the Christmas card making mood. I have to make mine before I can even think about making any for OWH!

jimlynn said...

Precious image and a GORGEOUS card for the holidays! Love the entire feel of this wonderful and beautiful card! So very pretty.
Lynn

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, love the vintage colours and the wonderful image. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Sassy Cheryl said...

How adorable! What a fabulous little vintage card. GORGEOUS!

Dixie Cochran said...

Just beautiful, Sherry! Love your paper piecing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

This is precious!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this image! I've admoired it for a long time but couldn't see how I could use it. I l;ove your card... thanks for sharing.

Pat K.