Thursday, September 6, 2012

A card representing Virginia

Hello and welcome! The final challenge at the VCMP last weekend, hosted by Kathryn, was to make a card representing our home state. I love cardinals (who doesn't?), the state bird of Virginia, where I live. It always takes my breath away in winter to see a bright red cardinal against the snow. So I went looking for cardinal images and when I found this pretty digi at The Stamping Boutique I recalled a recent snowglobe effect Sandy made on a card using Glossy Accents. So, after coloring this with Copics and adding little touches of Diamond Stickles, I Glossy Accented the entire ornament. It took awhile to dry and I almost glued it to my table, lol, but I think it turned out so pretty! I will write a note in this card for a Hero and chat a bit about Virginia!
Have a good night!

2 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sherri, Stunning was the word that came to mind when I first saw this card. You did pick the perfect papers to go along with your beautiful image as well. That is a lot of Glossy Accents and yet, you pulled it off nicely. Good for you. I think some hero will be delighted to receive this and hear about Virginia. Very nice thought.

AllisonG said...

What a cool effect you created with the Glossy Accents! It really looks like an ornament now. Beautiful cardinal, too.