Saturday, December 14, 2013

Last SCH challenge of '13: Recycle & Repurpose!

Welcome! Today (12/16/13) is the start of a new two-week challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow; the theme is "Recycle & Repurpose". It's the final challenge of 2013, so I hope you will all join in and we can have a big finish for the year!

We have a talented Guest Designer for this challenge, Laura Delaney, and hope you will visit her blog to see her beautiful work!

I was a little stumped about what to recycle/repurpose, until I saw the mini Whitman Sampler boxes.  I had to enjoy the 4 little pieces of candy first before repurposing it into a tiny shadow box ornament, making this one of the sweeter SCH challenges I've enjoyed!

 
Thanks for stopping by and have fun creating for the SCH challenge!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

What a beautiful job you did here, Sherry. I'm very happy that you threw yourself on the spear by eating the candy so you could use the box. LOL Enjoy the weekend.

Daniele said...

such a wonderful transformation
hugs

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous altering, love the details and the sweets must have been delicious.
Yvonne

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is a gorgeous shadow box Sherry! Love the beautiful embellishments. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year.
Amelia

Cathi ONeill said...

What a great idea! Love it, will I send you my address?? LOL! Gorgeous!