Sunday, January 12, 2014

New OWH Sketch Challenge #207

Here is the new sketch at OWH Stars & Stamps blog:

 

I decided to try using the new Hero Arts OWH stamp set, "What a Guy!" Here's my card:

 
Stamps: Hero Arts "What a Guy!"
DP: Authentique "Pride" 6x6
 

I thought the little mountain stamp in the set would make a neat border across the bottom of the two squares and the little strip on the right. I like how it turned out, but I'm not sure I like the black (ink and matting) against the red, white & blue...Might try different colors next time! This will be an AnyHero note.
Thanks for stopping by; have a good night!
Sherry

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, I love how you carried the mountains across all three panels. I do like the black ink and I'm sure any hero would like any color ink as I'm sure it would look good in any color. Enjoy your week.

Melissa T. said...

You totally nailed that sketch, well done. I was baffled about what to do with the little end piece, but I like your idea. Thank you for sharing. :)

Sybrina K said...

LOVE your interpretation of this sketch! Great job -- and fabulous ribbon!

Sarah said...

Love the mountains-- brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Just love how you cut apart the stamp and made a tryptic effect! Any hero will love it! TFS!

Linda said...

Yummy...love that paper and ribbon...great use od of that set. tfs!!!

Lee Mae said...

Stunning card - the mountains look fabulous carried across the panels. Love the Authentique Pride paper too!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Sherry, I love how you stamped the mountains across the panels. Just brilliant. I like the black ink because it really stands out, but I think any color would work. Thanks for playing!

Jen M said...

This is really cool, Sherry! I love how you stamped the mountains!