Wednesday, July 1, 2015

52CCT Mixed Media Challenge

This week's technique challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is "mixed media". I watched a lot of very fun instructional videos! Here's what I made:

 
I built up the background with gesso, Ranger distress paints and distress inks. I glued on the Martha Stewart punch snowflakes and added another layer of gesso. Then I used the Ranger Texture Paste with Tim Holtz "Bubble" stencil. I paper pieced the MFT Pure Innocence stamp and added stickles and ribbon. The most fun aspect was using the Texture Paste--can't wait to use it again. Thanks for this fun challenge, 52CCT!

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I love the way you've built up the layers on the background - the texture is just super. Love the glitter too. And such a cute image. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Patricia Hays said...

Sherry, your card is adorable!!! Even though the stencil is called "Bubble", it looks like snowballs here. :) Your paper piecing is perfect as always. Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT! I've been enjoying seeing what you've been creating for our challenges.